Effective January 1, 2021, Grenadier Energy Partners II, LLC (“Grenadier”) sold all properties / wells in Howard County, Texas to Moss Creek Resources, LLC (“Surge Energy”). Please direct any future correspondence to the Surge Energy Owner Relations team.

Email -

Phone - (832) 333-2350

Mail - Surge Energy Attn: Owner Relations 7850 North Sam Houston Parkway West Suite 300 Houston, Texas 77064

Grenadier issued its final royalty checks on April 15, 2021 for the above referenced properties / wells. All future payments will be made by Surge Energy. If your account is currently in suspense for a title/curative reason, the suspended funds are being transferred to Surge Energy on your behalf.



Grenadier Energy Partners III
24 Waterway Ave
Suite 875
The Woodlands, Texas 77380

Frequently Asked Questions

You are welcome to contact Grenadier II using any of the options listed in the Contact Information. The phone numbers are voicemail lines only. We will return calls and respond to emails within 48 hours.

Main Number: 281-907-4120
Fax Number: 281-907-4122


You should notify Grenadier as soon as possible when your mailing address changes.

All address changes must be submitted in writing, signed by the Owner or the authorized agent for whom the address is being updated, and the last four digits of the Tax ID or Social Security number of the Owner for verification purposes. For your protection Grenadier will not accept address changes by telephone.


The person signing the address change request form must have the authority to make the request and documentation verifying said authority must accompany the address change request form in order for Grenadier’s records to be updated.

You may download the Change of Address form located on the Royalty Owners page under COMMON FORMS.

Complete the Change of Address form and send it to our mailing address or scan and e-mail the completed form to

Grenadier does not offer direct deposit at this time.

All References to Recorded Documentation, required by Grenadier for Any Change MUST BE Recorded with the County Clerk in the County where the Property is Located.

Name Changes

When an individual’s name changes because of marriage or divorce, Grenadier will require copies of:

  • The marriage certificate OR
  • Divorce decree

When a company or corporation changes its name or merges, Grenadier will require copies of:

  • The recorded Certificate of Name Change OR
  • The recorded Certificate of Merger

Change Of Ownership Due To Sale

When the property has been sold/purchased Grenadier will require copies of:

  • The recorded conveyance document(s) transferring the property to the new owner AND
  • Contact information for the new owner.

Change Of Ownership Due To Divorce

After the divorce is finalized, Grenadier will require copies of:

  • The Final Divorce Decree AND
  • The recorded conveyance document(s) transferring the property according to the Divorce Decree.

Transferring Ownership To A Trust

When transferring ownership to a trust, Grenadier will require copies of:

  • The Trust Agreement AND
  • The recorded conveyance document(s) transferring the property to the Trust.

When the trust is dissolved OR the property is distributed, Grenadier will require copies of:

  • The recorded Instrument of Dissolution AND
  • The recorded conveyance document(s) transferring the property to the new owner.

Granting Authority To Someone To Act On Your Behalf

When an Owner wants to grant permission to another person to act on their behalf, Grenadier will require copies of:

  • The Power of Attorney instrument.

Please Note:  We are unable to release information to others without a copy on file.


When an owner is declared incompetent or is a minor, Grenadier will require copies of:

  • Letters of Guardianship issued by the local court.

Please Note:  When a minor reaches the legal age, all we need is a copy of the minor’s birth certificate to transfer ownership.


When an owner files bankruptcy, Grenadier will require copies of:

  • The court order appointing the Trustee, AND
  • if appropriate, the recorded Conveyances and the court order confirming any sales.

Life Estate

When an owner of a life estate interest dies, Grenadier will require copies of:

  • The death certificate AND
  • The names and addresses of the persons, being the "Remainderman Owners" who succeed to the interest formerly subject to the life estate AND
  • The recorded document which originally created the life estate.

When An Owner Dies

Title to real property owned by a deceased owner passes one of two ways – either by testate succession or by intestate succession.

Testate Succession:  When an owner dies with a Last Will and Testament that is probated.

Intestate Succession:  When the owner dies without a Last Will and Testament or when an owner dies with a Last Will and Testament that was not probated in the time frame allowed by law.

In the absence of a Last Will and Testament, or if the Last Will and Testament has not been probated, title to real property passes according to the Laws of Descent and Distribution for the State in which the wells are located, and not the state of residence.

Depending on the circumstance, the documentation we must be provided is as follows:



Recorded copies of the following:

  • Probated Last Will and Testament and any Codicils thereto
  • Order admitting the Will to Probate
  • Letters Testamentary – naming the Executor
  • Final Decree of Distribution (if appropriate)
  • Provide proof that all debts and taxes have been paid
  • Conveyance Documents (if appropriate) transferring property to the beneficiaries


Recorded copies of the following:

  • Death Certificate
  • Heirship Affidavit –
  • must be executed by 2 individuals acquainted with, but not related to the deceased; and
  • signature of affiants must be notarized

Please Note: Grenadier cannot accept Heirship Affidavits completed by direct family members (those with a beneficial interest) to the deceased owner.  The form can be completed by a friend, acquaintance, neighbor, minister, etc. who knew the deceased and had familiar knowledge of their family history.

Please NoteAll Testate & Intestate documents provided are subject to review.  Additional information may be required by Grenadier.

Grenadier cannot add a person to your owner account upon request.  The property would have to be transferred to your spouse or other individual with a conveyance document and recorded in the County first. 

To add a name to an account, please provide Grenadier with the recorded conveyance document(s) transferring the property to you and the other party.

1099 documents are mailed by January 31 of each year. If you need a copy of your 1099, please contact the Owner Relations department at our main number 281-907-4120 or via email at

You will receive payment usually 60 days after the month of production. 

For newly drilled wells, it usually takes 4-6 months, or longer to get title reviewed, division orders mailed, executed and returned for initial production to be paid.

Grenadier makes revenue distribution settlements on the 15th of each month.

Typically, this is because your account is in a minimum-pay status. Grenadier only remits revenue checks once an owner’s account balance exceeds One Hundred Dollars ($100.00).

  • What happens if my account balance never exceeds the required minimum-pay amount?
  • All owner accounts that exceed a Ten Dollar ($10.00) balance are disbursed once a year in December.

Grenadier will reissue a lost or stolen check after two months from date of the check being issued.

Grenadier will reissue a stale dated check upon receiving the Request for Check Replacement form.

Complete the Request for Check Replacement form and send it to our mailing address or scan and e-mail the completed form to

Grenadier has a $100.00 minimum payment amount. You will receive a check once your revenue amount reaches $100.00, or once a year in December when all minimum payment amounts are released.

Many factors contribute to your payment, including: market conditions, fluctuating commodity prices, regulatory or contractual changes, production volumes, seasonal conditions, and well downtime.

More often than not, a well or lease will have multiple owners. A Division Order is created as soon as the title has been confirmed, the well has been drilled, and production has begun. 


A Division Order is a Grenadier-issued document that directs the distribution of proceeds from the sale of crude oil, natural gas, and/or natural gas liquids.


The Division Order assigns an owner number, describes the specific property involved with its legal description, identifies the operator, specifies the royalty or working interest of the individual owner, their most current address, and the request of their signature with social security number (“SSN”) or tax-payer identification number (“TIN”), as well as, the status of the owner’s account.


Until the Division Order is executed and returned to Grenadier with a completed W-9 Form, any funds acquired by the owner will be placed in suspense. 


On the Division Order, there is a line for the owner to include their TIN or SSN. Grenadier needs this information to report to the IRS. If an owner does not wish to provide their TIN/SSN, there will be a withholding deduction of 28% as provided under IRS regulations and will not be refundable by Grenadier.

Grenadier has to determine who owns legal title to the minerals and any other interests (royalty, overriding royalty, and working) in the land prior to obtaining an oil and gas lease, drilling a well, or making payments.  Grenadier has to confirm it has the legal right to drill, and it has to know which parties have a legal right to the production or royalties. Title is typically determined by a title opinion written by an attorney based upon an examination of the real property records within the county where the land is located.

Royalties are payments made to the mineral owner based on the well production. The royalty interest is either reserved in an oil and gas lease or created in a mineral deed. The royalties will be paid to the owner once they have returned an executed division order that includes their signature and their SSN/TIN.

Grenadier is required to pay royalties based on record title. Therefore, we ask that you send us a copy of documents that pertain to your mineral interest, recorded in the county where the well(s) are located.

Royalty payments are suspended for a number of reasons. A few examples are:

  • Unreturned or unsigned Division Order
  • Title Dispute
  • Death of an owner
  • Transfer of property
  • Incorrect Address
  • Estates not probated in the state where the well is located
  • Unrecorded Deeds
  • Title Requirements
  • Stale dated checks
Scroll to Top